GE Halogen High Output Low Beams RULE

     Hey Scirocco Heads,

     Unable to fork out cash for cool Eurospec lighting I found a cheap and
     awesome improvement in lighting for my '87 16V.  I had stock and
     probably original (those rectangle lights never seem to die unless a
     rock punches a hole in 'em) four rectangle head lights.  I was less
     than pleased with the low beam brightness and very happy with the high
     beams.

     Since I am into dodging deer on a regular basis and have a few too
     many oncoming cars in the country to use the high beams a lot, I need
     some decent lighting up close.  The old lights were giving me poor
     visibility.  You know, that weak orangish pathetic look.

     GE started selling these new Halogen HO (high output) low beams which
     they brag give 80% more lighting over standard Halogens.  Being a
     scientist and generaly a skeptic on % increase claims I had been
     resisting giving them a try.  Well, K-Mart (0f all places) put these
     babies on sale for $6.99 a piece US here so how could I resist?

     The results made my jaw drop!  Holy Killer Visibility!!  It's like
     having a 20yard carpet of light out in front and it is really white
     and clear.  They are up to proper '90s lighting quality, use legal
     wattage and don't offend oncoming cars in the least.  You HAVE to try
     these babies if you are running the stockers on your 'rocco.

     This is the cheapest tweak I have done on my 'rocco, and it may save
     my butt and car some day too boot.  I had to pass on the good news!
     Cheers!

     STEVE
     '87 16V