Sciroccos

Hi to all!  I'm back on the net from my summer break, you probably
don't remember me, but I'm glad to be back.
	I have '81 rocco and rabbit,  in the summer I drove my Scirocco and now
I switched to my Rabbit, it's sort of cold, icy and slippery up here in
Canada so I save my baby only for the summer.  Anyway, what a huge
difference in the two cars which are supposedly very close.  The rabbit
is half as good in handling, acceleration is three times slower, and it
just about uses twice as much gas.  I can't wait until next summer!
	While we don't have a permanent snow blanket on the ground I do drive
my rocco from time to time, and what I have noticed is that while the
car and tranny are cold shifting is really hard.  I use Castrol 80W/90
oil in the tranny, and my question, is it possible to us a thinner grade
or some additive so as to make driving easier and less harsh on the
tranny in the cold climate?
	A funny side note: (well it was to me)  A friend of mine always made
fun of my rocco because I work on it alot, he used to say what kind of
German crap I bought that I have to fix it all the time. This went on
for about a year, he an American car owner, and then one day he asked me
to help him buy a car.  Now he own two, yes two, Sciroccos and wants to
buy a third one!  I was shocked for awhile.
	Anyone having trouble with vibrations, try centering your engine,
Bentley covers this, if you don't have a Bentley I can tell you how.
Later all.

Vagabond

'81 Scirocco
'81 Rabbit