Re: NOS parts

In a message dated 97-10-31 18:33:02 EST, rts@phoenix.net writes:

<< Anyone know where I could get an electronic pressure regulator for a
 NO2 tank?

 For shit grins I would love to be able to hook my tank up, and
 slip a little NO2 into my airstream in the airbox just above the
 filter but below the sensor plate. However I don't want to be
 dispensing it via manual pressure regulator which is what I have now.
 Of course I could really use an electronic control box that will
 automatically let say 2psi or whatever open under full throttle, but
 I bet those are expensive..too expensive for my little temporary
 test. >>

Call Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) in Cypress, CA.  They have an electronic
device that may do what you want.

Putting the nitrous nozzle "under" the sensor plate will not give you enough
fuel.  First with an NOS system the nitrous is released at full pressure,
ideally at about 900 psi.  This would probably slam the plate up and make the
engine run a little strange.  Secondly, the CIS system would probably not be
able, on its own, to keep up with the fuel demand.  That's why their nozzle
injects nitrous and additional fuel simultaneously.  There are other
companies that make upgrade chips that will flow more fuel through the stock
injectors when the system is on.  But I've heard that stock injectors also
have their limits depending on how much HP you are shooting for.  I think
NOS's electonic module controls the time the solenoids are open more than the
pressure of the nitrous itself.

Good Luck.

-dick-
78 Scirocco