Re: I'm getting a 16V engine, need help

> I'm almost all saved up to get a new engine and I've decided to go
> for a 16V.  I talked to a tuning place in Toronto and he says the
> best way to go is the 1.8L because just putting a 2.0L bottom on isn't
> the same as a whole 2.0L because of the different
> injection/electronic system.  Besides, a 2.0 L would be nice 1.8 is a
> nice place to start for my lightweight '81.

I'm no tuning expert, but...Once you drop a 1.8L in, there isn't much
else you can do performance wise. Well exceptfor a new cam. I would
seriously go with a 2.0L,that way you can get the most out of any
mods you do, be able to slap on a turbo system,and just plain start
out with more HP at the baseline. Hell if your bent on a 1.8L I'd
love to sell you mine so I could drop in a 16v 2.0L.

Ryan