Re: Help with insurance appraisal

At 11:32 AM 5/29/97 -0400, Josh Clark wrote:
>Hey all,
>I got into an accident about 6 weeks ago in April when I was coming
through an
>intersection on a 4 lane road in the far right lane.  A lady on the
opposite side, who
>could not see in my direction and who was already in the oncoming lane
next to me,
>decided to go for it as soon as I entered the intersectionj and she hit me
in the front
>left corner.  I need a new hood, light assembly and fender, about $1400
worth from a
>body shop but I'll do the work myself.  Now all the reports are in and HER
insurance
>company wants to send an appraiser to my house to look at the damage.  Is
this
>good?

They have a right to their own appraisal.

Does this mean they will probably settle in my favor?

No.

>They better.  She tried
>to say I swerved around a car and hit her.  All she did was loose a bumper
on her
>Cherokee.  What should I tell the appraiser?

You might want to get an estimate from a dealer, who no doubt will be on
the high end of the scales, and let him see it.

>Should i notify my own company?

You are probably required to under the terms of your policy.  Do it.

>have never dealt with this type of situation and don't want to screw
anything up.

Who is her insurance company?