Help with insurance appraisal

Hey all,
I got into an accident about 6 weeks ago in April when I was coming through an
intersection on a 4 lane road in the far right lane.  A lady on the opposite side, who
could not see in my direction and who was already in the oncoming lane next to me,
decided to go for it as soon as I entered the intersectionj and she hit me in the front
left corner.  I need a new hood, light assembly and fender, about $1400 worth from a
body shop but I'll do the work myself.  Now all the reports are in and HER insurance
company wants to send an appraiser to my house to look at the damage.  Is this
good?  Does this mean they will probably settle in my favor?  They better.  She tried
to say I swerved around a car and hit her.  All she did was loose a bumper on her
Cherokee.  What should I tell the appraiser?  Should i notify my own company?  I
have never dealt with this type of situation and don't want to screw anything up.
Thank you for any and all advice!

Josh Clark
Visit EXC's Performance Website at:
http://idt.net/~exc
(201) 726 0507

-We specialize in specialty European parts and
-wheels for VW's