Re: Help with insurance appraisal

Josh Clark wrote:

> Hey all,
> I got into an accident about 6 weeks ago in April when I was coming through an
> intersection on a 4 lane road in the far right lane.  A lady on the opposite side, who
> could not see in my direction and who was already in the oncoming lane next to me,
> decided to go for it as soon as I entered the intersectionj and she hit me in the front
> left corner.  I need a new hood, light assembly and fender, about $1400 worth from a
> body shop but I'll do the work myself.  Now all the reports are in and HER insurance
> company wants to send an appraiser to my house to look at the damage.  Is this
> good?

Make sure YOUR agent is present.

Does this mean they will probably settle in my favor?  They better.  She
tried
> to say I swerved around a car and hit her.  All she did was loose a bumper on her
> Cherokee.  What should I tell the appraiser?  Should i notify my own company?

HELL YES!
> have never dealt with this type of situation and don't want to screw anything up.
> Thank you for any and all advice!

While you're at it....I know you said you can do the work
yourself....but go to a body shop and try to get a closed bid.  What
this means is the body shop will fix your car for 'X' amount (price at
or under what your/her insurance company is willing to pay instead of
totalling your car).  This may help keep your car from getting totalled
out.

Steph