RE: Speakers

I have put some Alpine 4x6 in the front of my 82, and they sound fantastic (especially after I got the polarity right! DOH!) The problem is, they don't fit very well in the door, and the cover doesn't fit back over them.

When I find some door panels to match my interior, I suppose that I'll be doing some modifications (to both the speaker housing and door panels) but until then, I suppose that I'll just be minding my feet. Now that I've got a parcel tray in the back, I'm looking at installing some speakers in it... Not sure about the 6x9s... how about some 5 1/4" in the deck, with separate tweeters in the stock position? How necessary are tweeters in the rear anyhow?

Greg
82 1.8 JH
Maple Ridge, BC (Proud home of Greg Moore & Larry Walker!)