A couple more question...

Hi Everyone-
  First let me take a second to thank everyone for the great advice
I've received from list members so far.  It is because if this advice
that my project '84 runs at all!

  When you heard from me last I was complaining of hard to find/get into
1st gear.  The overwhelming response was to replace the bushings in the
shift linkage.  I replaced the linkage and adjusted it per the
instructions in Bentley.  I also replace the tranny fluid with redline.
Now the thing shifts beautifully, except that I still can't get 1st
gear :-(.  Before I replaced the bushings, I could hunt and search and
get 1st eventually, now there is no finding it so I guess I must not
have the linkage adjusted properly.  I did it by the book though, so
I'm looking for suggestions.

  On another note, my rocco had the little computer that, among other
things, lists the oil temperature.  I was out riding around yesterday
watching the oil temp go (in farenheit) 205, 206, 207, 208, 343!
343?!?!.  Yikes.  Water temp was fine everything else looks cool.
Anyone else experienced this?  I suspect a bad wire or two, but
I'm not sure where to look.  I guess I should just put it a VDO oil
temp guage, but It would be nice it I could get this computer working
properly.  Oh one other thing.  The computer also said the outside
temp was 119.  I don't think so...

  I've got a healthy dose of slop in the front end...  ie I can rock
the steering wheel ~6" back and forth without affecting the direction
the car is traveling %-{.  Must be time to start to rebuild the front
end.  I plan to replace: tie rods, ball joints, control arm bushings.
I may also do a manual steering rack (probably faster ratio).  Is there
anything else I should replace?

  Let's see, that's enough for now...
		thanks again!
		Arthur
--
Arthur L. Hunt                       SAS Institute Inc
snoalh@unx.sas.com                   (919) 677-8000 x6876