Re: VW owners are being ripped off...

At 11:51 PM 5/26/97 EDT, you wrote:
> I recently bought a 1977 Mercedes Benz 300D, and I am still trying to
>sell teh Scirocco. I bought the Mercedes for better fuel economy, better
>quality, craftsmanship, comfort, etc... What I was expecting though, was
>an increase in parts prices as compared to VW parts. And guess what....
>Most parts that wear and need to be fixed in an old car (shocks, brakes,
>and many others) are cheaper for Mercedes than for VWs. I had redone the
>brakes in the Rocco, but I just found out that the same job on the Benz
>would be 35% cheaper! Sheetmetal is also cheaper. A new fender for the
>Rocco is close to $300 new. For the Benz it is $210. A Radiator for the
>Rocco was $345. For the Benz it is $170. I think people who sell (or the
>people who make ) VW parts are ripping off VW costumers. Isn't Volkswagen
>"the people's car"? And isn't MB a rich man's car? Well, it seems like
>you need to be a richman to fix VWs, while MB's cost less to fix for two
>reasons: they brake less and cheaper parts.
>
>--Ren

I get the feeling you made one phone call for VW parts? You must of called
the most expensive VW dealer in your town oe something because the prices you
list are WAY over what I have paid for my parts. Most recently, I paid $100
for a brand spankin' new VW factory radiator. All it takes is a few phone
calls to find the cheapest parts. For me, I found that mail order is so much
cheaper than going around the corner to my local parts store.
Go figure..

Good luck with the MB.

Theres 2 cars that should be permenantly removed from the roads of america.
All of the Mercedes Benz Diesels and  all theVW Rabbit Diesels. (Muey Grosses
Polluters!) And I really hate being behind one of them stink pots..