Re: Roll your own?

> 	That reminds me.  I keep reading about the G60 Golf flares these people
> are using to shoehorn 17" rims into their mk1 and mk2 Golfs.  Are the
> Roc and Golf body styles similar enuff that we can use these flares
> too?  BTW, what does DTM stand for?  (ex. DTM mirrors, DTM single wiper
> assembly, DTM Scorpio exhaust)  I see it in all the UK VW mags, but I'm
> not sure if it's a company or a style that is being described.  Anyone
> know?

  I am running 17x7.5 on my 79 rocco with hardly any probs.  Offset is
35mm and suspension is stiff so fortunately I dont rub on either the strut
or the fender in the front.  The rear is a different story.  I used a die
grinder to take off most of the fender lip in the rear to clear for my
16"s, not knowing I would be going to 17"s.  I took off as much as I could
on the back part of the fender but I forgot to take it off the front part
as well.
  Both myself and one of my friends rubbed on the front part of the rear
quarterpanel cuz we didnt take the lip off.  I recommend shaving the
entire lip off.  You will still run into the problem of hitting the rear
part of the quarterpanel, that cant be avoided, but the front would clear
had I taken off the lip.  Granted the only time i hit it is on big bumps
or having a bunch of people in the car, I still wish I had done it.
  I dont recommend bending the lip because of problems with chipping and
so forth.  I had used a waterproof primer on the edge of the lip that was
exposed and it was hardly noticable from the outside of the car.
Fortunatly I had the car repainted so now it is all find and dandy.

  BTW, I think DTM stand for something like "Deutsch Tourning
MasterChraft" , or something like that.

   Andre'