Re: Intake porting

Kyle D Binney wrote:

> OK, I have noticed that you guys love to port out your intakes to better
> flow from the throttle body.  But I believe you also have done work to
> the runners into the motor and polished some as well.  My question is,
> how do you clean up inside the runner and polish it?  It is uaually said
> that you use a dremmel to do your porting but I always wonder how much
> gain can you get with such a limited reach.  I assume you just taper out
> the ends to the gasket, right?  The reason for all the questions is that
> I pulled an extra intake I have off a engine lying around to clean up and
> put on in place of my current one if I ever get to switch the exhaust.
>
> Thanks,
> Kyle

Hey Kyle,
I jsut reread this and realized no one responded so here goes.  If you
have a Dremel tool then your set.  You are right about just tapering the
intake ports to match the gasket but it won't do any good if the head
isn't ported as well and I wouldn't do that with a Dremel.  The only
really important part is to get the larger throttle body and grind down
the opening to the TB.  It really won't help you without the bigger TB
because the holes on the stock TB are already matched to the intake.
Good luck!
Josh Clark