Re: GTI VR6 - ASP or CSP???

At 5:17 PM -0600 05/23/1997, Kevin Wenzel wrote:
>On Thu, 22 May 1997, I.Mannix wrote:(cool stuff annihilated)
>

>I do remember that C&D did a test of some small sporty coupes and didn't
>include the current GTI (A2 at the time).  When asked why, they said that
>the [insurance companies|government|someone like that] classed it as a sedan
>because of rear seat space or something; I imagine the SCCA is looking at
>it the same way.

This implies that the SCCA thinks.  They don't do that;).  Also, IMHO, the
Corrado is not that different from a GTI VR6 - ASP Corrado owners are
getting the shaft being in ASP, while the GTI/Jetta is in CSP.  If anyone
were campaigning(nationally) the Corrado in ASP, they'd have every right to
complain, but I guess that's why no one is running a Corrado in ASP
(competitively, on a national scale).  A Corrado, while a great car, cannot
keep up with the RX7 TT/Lotus Europa/Viper/P-car 911/all the other cool
cars in that class.  Shrug.  Made me think for a second, it sucked.

>Kevin Wenzel  -  List Maintainer and Scourge of Mannix-owned BFGs

Yeah, and he corded all FOUR!!!  I've never corded 4 tires in one day.
Never corded a rear tire.  Not sure how he did it, but they're still going
strong - street tires, y'know;).

Mannix