GTI VR6 - ASP or CSP???

Harry Jones wrote:

 On the down-side.... Don't even
>try to autocross the car in GS, you will be disappointed! Mode the
>suspension and go straight to CSP (same class as your 16v would be in).

Interesting.  I had been under the impression that the VR6 was an ASP car.
After reading the rulebook, I am not so sure - ASP gets the Corrado
(hopelessly outclassed, IMHO - seems more like a BSP car).  It also goes on
to say "all sports cars over 2 liters NOC(not otherwise classified)."  So,
question of the day, is it a sportscar?  Hmmm.   Probably not.  CSP has no
VR6s listed, but goes on to say "all sedans over 1.5 liters and under 3
liters NOC."  In my mind, this makes it a CSP car.  Hell, the M3 is a CSP
car.  Something to think about, and something to get clarification on if
you plan on doing up a VR6 in CSP - I don't know where I got the idea that
the car is in ASP, but I know I did'nt make that one up.  Someone out there
thinks it is, I remember thinking to myself "that's ridiculous" when I read
it.  So, if you're going to do it, make sure that SCCA does not think of
the GTI VR6 as a "sports car."  CSP seems like a better place for it than
ASP, although I'd think BSP is a better class for both the Corrado and GTI
VR6.  IMHO.  Sheds new light.  With the right tricks, I wonder how the VR6
would do - tons of torque, hmm.......

Mannix