Re: SCIROCCO for GTI VR6?!?!?

> I'm thinking about trading in my 16V Scirocco and buying a brand new GTI
VR6.
>  But I'm not sure if it is worth it.  I love my baby so much.  Is this a
good
> idea.  Is the vr6 so much faster?  I want to hear your opinions! Thanks

I have a 1980 Scirocco (Mk1 / 8v) and a 96 GTi VR6, the GTi is a different
breed.
I have driven several Rocco 16v's , but none of them came close to the
performance that can be derived from the VR6.

I would get the GTi/VR6 and KEEP the Scirocco too : ) The GTi/VR6 is very
plush and will require suspension mods right off the showroom floor (expect
to pay $1200, to do it right). But it will HAUL ASS! It gets TERRIBLE gas
mileage. But it will HAUL ASS! Your insurance will go up. BUT it will HAUL
ASS! The performance parts are sky-high. But it will HAUL ASS!

Do you see what I am trying to say? The GTi/VR6 is a trade-off. I love mine
and have had absolutely NO problems what so ever with the car. The best
part is running the car against my co-workers' cars. I can and have beaten
both of them ( stang 5.0 and Porsche 911 ). On the down-side.... Don't even
try to autocross the car in GS, you will be disappointed! Mode the
suspension and go straight to CSP (same class as your 16v would be in).

I don't drive the car much, 18mths old and 10,000 miles, but I sure do
enjoy it when I do! I love the car, but it is quite a different car from
the Scirocco!

Harry