16V head criticizms

Hee hee, I bet all the 16V owners pounced on this message! ;)

BUT SERIOUSLY

Has anyone read the old articles by Robert Collins on VW performance?
This is the guy who used to work for Drake way back.  I read the
articles a few months back and was wondering how much truth there is to
it.  He basically denouces the 16V motor, saying "it is a weak puke of a
motor." Is the article all marketing hype or what?  Some things that he
does say make sense...

I'm sure that this issue has been discussed before, but I'm new to the
list.  Please forgive me if I am rehashing old news!  :)

Let me know what you think!

Chris G '82 Scirocco 1.8
http://www.gforce.com