Re: Rims

> I'm completely stupid, but I dig my scirocco and want to soup it up.  Right
> now, I have factory 14 x 6 rims on it.  They are lame.  They are old.  I
> want shiny new alloy rims.  Is it true that I can't go much fatter (like 15 x
> 8) on a front wheel drive?  I don't want to impede performance too much.
> You guys rocc...

Pick upand read the scirocco FAQ..though I have no idea where it
is....

It lists exactly how wide you can go with tire sizes before it starts
to rub on the inner wall. I don't know what rims you have now, but
I totally 'dig' my 16v teardrop rims and wouldn't want anything else
on it!..though on my Jetta I did have those 7-post VW rims w/ the center
hub cover painted gloss black w/ the 'Volkswagen' detailed in
silver..now that was a sweet look. I had tried 3-bars when I ruined 2
of my teardrops..but boy was I glad when 2 new td rims arrived and I
ditched the 3-bar.

Ryan