Re: GTI VR6 - ASP or CSP???

> So, if you're going to do it, make sure that SCCA does not think of
> the GTI VR6 as a "sports car."  CSP seems like a better place for it than
> ASP, although I'd think BSP is a better class for both the Corrado and
GTI
> VR6.  IMHO.  Sheds new light.  With the right tricks, I wonder how the
VR6
> would do - tons of torque, hmm.......

There are 2 GTi/VR6's running CSP in my region and doing pretty well. The
RX-7's still have the upper-hand, but with the right driver and the right
setup, the GTi could be a deadly ride.

The most interesting CSP duel is watching the 16v VW's and the VR6. Totally
different driving styles required to get the same times. I would love to
trick-out a VR6 for CSP, but the car and parts are far too expensive right
now.

Harry