Re: HP and Torque Curves

Kevin McGrath wrote:

> This is for the 16Vers out there. I have an '87 16V and when I'm driving
> and hit 6000PRPMs I feel a very noticable drop in power. I used to think
> something was actually wrong with the car, but I think it is just the
> way it is stock.
>
> Is this normal to hit a "brick wall" at ~6000RMPS? Also is this where a
> nice exhaust would help me out? I have a techtonics racing downpipe but
> its connected to a cheap Midas/Monroe or whatever muffler. Is there a
> remidy for this and is it normal or is there something wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Kevin McGrath
> http://www.pelican.net/~kevin
> Myrtle Beach SC USA

	Honestly Kev, I twist my engine out to about 7Gs a couple of times a
day (way more when doing the weekend race thing).  The car pulls hard up
to the red (from 4000), but now that I think of it, this may be the
result of my cars' lack of cat and oxy sensor.  Any comments from the
Roc Gods?  Apparenty my car has a header on it, but it's rusted to sh*t,
and god knows what else might be wrong with it, but that engine is
basically stock and pulls like a mother!  Later.

jason
87 16V