HP and Torque Curves

This is for the 16Vers out there. I have an '87 16V and when I'm driving
and hit 6000PRPMs I feel a very noticable drop in power. I used to think
something was actually wrong with the car, but I think it is just the
way it is stock.

Is this normal to hit a "brick wall" at ~6000RMPS? Also is this where a
nice exhaust would help me out? I have a techtonics racing downpipe but
its connected to a cheap Midas/Monroe or whatever muffler. Is there a
remidy for this and is it normal or is there something wrong?

Thanks

--
Kevin McGrath
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin