Re: VDO vacuum gauge???

>I have settled on water temp and ammeter as my 4th and 5th gauges, and I
>was leaning towards an outside temp gauge as the 6th one.
>
>That is, until I found out that VDO has a vacuum gauge. Now, that is a
>much more useful gauge than the outside temp. and it costs far less
>(temp. gauge costs *gasp* *choke* $120+ with the sensor).
>
>My question is: this gauge _can_ be used in VWs, correct? I don't see why
>not, all is needed is to tap off the vacuum lines at one point to get
>the reading for the gauge. But I want to be 100% sure before I buy the
>gauge, so if anyone knows about this please LMK.

The gauge can definetely be used in a VW. I've seen it on a Rabbit GTi that
had a calloway turbo on it. The turbo had been removed but the gauge was
still there, and it was still working, so I don't see why you couldn't use
it. In this case it was beeing used in conjunction with a turbo, I think
that's what it's normally used for. I could be wrong.... I hope this helps.

Keith Scharwath
samantra@idt.net