Re: volksgeist pt.86

At 12:34 AM 5/17/97 -0500, Gerry Reichelt wrote:
>At 11:55 PM 5/16/97 -0400, webmaster wrote:
>>Sean wrote:
>>> Hello everyone!
>>> You might remember my query about four weeks ago regarding
>>> my Rocco dying; well, its four weeks later and Im still at
>>> a loss.
>>> So, for the list, especially the true gurus, heres the fat:
>>> 1. Scirocco 16v dies while idling.
>>Does your hall sender check out?  The dist on my 87 16v has an oil leak,
>>and one of the wires on the dist to icm plug broke.
>>Etrik
  I had the same problem on my 87 16v, the hall sender wires were shorted
>against the dist. body.           Gerry 87 16v

Yeah, I forgot to mention I checked the Hall Sender; its input and
out signals- AOK.
Thanks for all the input (Etrik, Kyle, the others, and of course, Shawn-
keep on that page!), heres where I stand as of this morning:
leak-down test on compression indicated losses at 2nd and 4th cylinders;
opened her up and- Presto! looks like a valve job...
Not to mention why there still isnt a spark-
Well, at least Ive learned something about the CIS-E system!
Paul
'84JH/'87PLengine {if I became a tuner, Id really know this stuff...}