Re: some questions

Josh Clark wrote:

> Hey all,
> Has anyone ever taken that anoying black trim on the pillars between door and rear
> window?  I think the stuff was only on 16vs but I ain't positive.  It's that flat-black
> sticker with the Karman logos on the bottom.  It only comes off in little flakes so I am
> affraid the job will take forever and mess up the paint underneath.

Yep.  Just take one of those heater paint removers and LIGHTLY go over
the trim.  Lifts right off.  Paint will be in better shape than the rest
of the car's though.

> I got my sunroof motor in and the cover is covered with headliner >(looks almost factory except for the two silver screws holding the back >of the cover on) but when I need to close the roof the motor really >struggles and it takes a while to close.  It opens fine so does this >mean it is out of adjustment or maybe just needs some lube?

Use Vasoline on the sunroof runners.  DO NOT use WD-40 (jams up on
occasion).

> Anything else....... hmmm....
>
> ah yes!
>
> Has anyone had any front end body work done on their car?

Yes.

>I think my car either needs some work on the core support or needs a >new one.  The bumper is about 1/2" lower than it should be  and there >is no way to fix it and also the hood has a wide gap in the middle
>instead of running parralel to the grille.  I just want to know what >kind of price I should look for.  Thanks a lot

Fixed my hood myself.  It was taken off during a paint job and wasn't
reinstalled correctly.  Just took off the hood, lubed the bolts on each
side, reattached the hood, and tightened up the bolts.  Good as new.
Can't help you about the bumper though (sorry).

Steph
http://www.zianet.com/gills1/