Header ???

what's supposed to be the best ?
        4-into-1 header   (ansa)
or     4-into-2-into-1 "tri-y"  (autotech)

This is for my 1.7 L scirocco 82 !

At 03:24 AM 5/16/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I was just up in Long Beach two weeks back and checked the place out.
>They are a fair source for some parts. I have found the same parts for
>less.
>Ten years ago I checked them out and the prices were too high for a new car
>that I wanted.
>They are a VW Dealer. For a Dealer they have a good parts department.
>They have aftermarket parts most I have been to do not.

That aftermarket stuff is only leftovers from the guy that was the parts
manager there. Hes gone now, they lost a gold mine. He did much in convincing
a private VW dealership to allow aftermarket stuff like Neuspeed ect into the
parts dept and make it extremely profitable. But, alas, the owner thought
that ANY -body- could duplicate the numbers that was being made. So, Timmons
lost out, and is now learning the hard way. Too bad. I used to be a loyal
customer!
>From the way these guys present themselves on the phone, I have no intentions
of wasting my time with a visit.

>It looks like sales are slow at the Dealer. They were not jumping over
>counters to help me.
>Shawn I think your experence could be a sign of things going south.

Thats because they were hoping you would leave. :) Its definately signs of
things gone bad for Timmons. Too bad.

>What parts are you lookiong for? You may be better off looking arround.
>Try Autotech just for fun at (800) 553-1055 they can send you a price sheet
>or look it up on the web.
>Then shop for the best price.

Im not looking for any parts now but when I do need parts, I use "Virtual
World Parts" and or Mark @ "Adirondack Auto Brokers". These 2 places know how
to treat a customer! Good prices, good parts in a reasionable amount
of time.
Thanks for the tip!

>What is NEW VINTAGE Music? I work in the Audio industry as a product
>designer shoud I know you?
>
>Doug
>87 16v silver Scirocco.

Good question! It kinda sounds like it may be the music you hear while
shopping at Nordstroms? Maybe? Ah well..

Shawn