Re: Exhaust Leak!

> >I installed a european exhaust manifold today (4-2) and a cheap
> >downpipe (2-1).  I also removed the cat (don't tell the cops!) and
> >put a straightpipe.
> >
> >They didn't have the straightpipe I needed so I took a normal 2" pipe
> >and a "bushing" (not a flandge) for the 1"5/8 pipe (cat back).  The
> >bushing went in good (a little juggling was needed but I got it in).
> >I put some clamps also, but here is the problem, I get a leak at both
> >ends of the straight pipe. And no noticable power.

What state do you live in?  New Jersey has a $10,000 fine for a car
without a cat.  The way a cop checks this is simply by looking under
your car for a cat.  Cops have pulled some people over that I know
and have checked them for cat's.  If there is a fine similar to this
in your state, its a very very bad idea to remove the cat.

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...
             http://idt.net/~volkswgn