Help, I have a weird problem...

Hi everyone. I'm sorry if this has been discussed on the list before.  I
have this weird problem that has been becoming very annoying lately. My 87'
16v just stalls in the middle of regular driving. It just shuts off and
then wouldn't start for about 5 - 10 minutes. By this point I loose all
hope, my girlfriend in the passenger seat is thinking of breaking up with
me  :) and I'm ready to call a tow truck when all of a sudden it starts and
everything's fine. It used to do that only every ones in a while but lately
it has been doing it regularly every time I take it out. It seems to be
totally random, sometimes after driving for only a couple of miles,
sometimes after a long session of hard driving. Unfortunately I didn't get
a chance to check for a spark on such an occasion yet. The only other
symptom is that once in a great while it hesitates when accelerating. It
seems that the only way to troubleshoot this problem is to find someone who
had it before and fixed it. So if you're out there please E-mail, I will be
much obliged. Thanx so much.

			Yours

			Leo Pelekh
			87' Scirocco 16v