Water-temp and ammeter gauges ??

Question for the water-temp gauge: I was informed by somebody at New
Dimensions or Rapid Parts (can't remember) that if you want to install
the water-temp gauge, then you will sacrifice the swing gauge in the
dash, since VDO does not make dual sensors that will work for both
applications. Has anybody in here managed to install a water-temp gauge
while also retaining the swing gauge in the dash?

About the ammeter gauge: if anyone has installed this successfully and
has had no problems, then please get in touch with me. I would like to
ask specifics about ammeter installation, because I have heard enough
horror stories to have become very wary of this task.

Thanks,
	Ilias