Little unshort story. maybe its funny, maybe not.

his storyline had been going on a few weeks ago and since this actually
happened to me, I thought id share it among those of you that see it
happen and wish the same as I do.

Last week Julies sister came down from Seattle with her 1 yr old for a
visit. We took them down to the boardwalk to do the toursist thing,
ect. We had taken the GLi and my Scirocco because there were too many
people (and a dog) for one car. In my car was my son and his new
girlfriend. (I forget her name..)

On the way home, this new 97' green Camaro pulls up along my door and
the kids inside are scoping out the Scirocco. Then he punches it and
accelerates. My son says, "arent you gonna go after him"? In my mind,
im imagining his girlfriend telling her dad that "Chris's dad drives
120 on city streets"! So, I said no. And it was 6:pmish and there was
alot of traffic on the roads anyways and since thats my second rule of
racing guidelines I was not gonna play with the Camaro.

We get to the freeway onramp which has 2 lanes that does an almost 360
to get onto the freeway. He was stuck behind alot of traffic and intent
on taking the inside lane, I puttered by entering the outside lane.

I looked up into my wink mirror and saw he had gotten clear and he was
now accelerating towards us. Chris's new Girlfriend blurts out, "Chris
says this car corners awsomely"! (direct quote)I reply, "ya,
sometimes". She requests that I show her and points out there is nobody
in front of us. So, I do.

Right about now the Camaro is on my quarter pannel and weve both just
started to turn on the onramp. I say, "ok, hold on" and feed in plenty
of throttle and we go. (I found out later that my son had cranked up
the rear shocks for me. GOOD BOY!!) I easily pulled away from the
Camaro and they told me the Camaro was mostly sideways through the
whole onramp, sometimes fishtailing, loosing ground all the while.

So when I finally entered the freeway, I got to my cruising speed and
maintained. I saw the Camaro comming but I really wasnt very
comfortable in playing on the freeway. He came, he went.

Then we observed him weaving in and out of traffic like hes gotta get
his prego wife to the hospital or something. Crazy. Anyways, he comes
up on this CHP and slams on the brakes, then is back on the gas I
guestimated doing 75-80 mph. The CHP goes from the #3 lane directly
behind the Camaro and locks onto his bumper. He still is doing 75-80
mph and never slows. Eventually, after the CHP has plenty of time to
pace him several times, he turns on his lights and pulls him over. I
fell back far enough so I could pass him just as he came to a stop. He
has his windows open and the T-tops off of the car, so I knew he would
have no problem hearing us as we went by.

We got the finger from him, (were #1!) So we waved bu-bye at him and im
pretty sure he got a ticket from that nice officer.

Sometimes, there is a cop around.  :-D

Shawn