Re: local?

>>David Nichols wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello again,
>>> I think I might be addicted to this thing called the web?? I just wanted to
>>> drop a quick note and ask you all how many of you are from calif.?
>>

>Atlanta, GA. I guess I'm a redneck at heart.
>
>Not an owner yet, but looking to buy:
>
>16 Valve
>less than 100 k miles
>at a reasonable price
>NOT from some sleazy used car dealer.

  I live in LA now, but moved here from Atlanta 4 mos. ago. My family had
bought 2 87 Scirocco 16Vs in the Atlanta area in the past 2 years. Both
from private owners. Both with relatively low miles(mine had 87K, the other
had around 80K), and in very good shape. Paid mid 3K range for each. Found
both of them in the Auto Trader. There seem to be several 16Vs for sale
each issue, I looked through it, ignoring high miles or customized, and
there were a few good looking ones to be had. You may have seen mine around
Tech campus, mostly around the old ME building. Bright red paint(original
color), looked completely stock.

Brad