Re: timing marks on cam sprocket

At 8:45 AM -0600 05/12/1997, kdbinney@juno.com wrote:
>Ive been told two things,
>
>1: its the same sprocket that is used for the intermediate so they have
>both dots for if it is being used as a cam sprocket or intermediate.

Yes.  I have a intermediate shaft pulley on my cam, the part #s are the
same, the pulleys are the same, the marks are on both sides.

>2: 16v's can time two ways and I was told they have the same sprockets so
>thats what the two dots are for, if it was on a 16v.

Not 16v enabled, but possibly?  It would make sense - if they're making new
cams, might as well make the new cams work with the old pulleys, which
would make sense to me.  No sense in creating a new pulley if you've got
perfectly good ones to work with!

 Mannix (but I don't know about the 16v deal.....)