Re: Found engine code/ Shopping update

At 06:41 PM 5/9/97 -0700, you wrote:
>You guys:  Thanks for the help.
>
>I found the mysterious code on the 1.6. Yep - EJ  (No, it wasn't too
>filthy to read, I just wasn't looking in the right place.)
>He wants $400, and it's within driving distance, so I'd pay no shipping.
>BUT he won't give a guarantee.  BOOO :(

Id say go with the JH motor. Its got a few more ponies (90hp@5,500) and
torque (100tq@3,000) than the EJ motor (71hp@5,500 and 83tq@3,200). That way
you can rebuild the EJ and have a spare?? Just an idea....

Its a simple drop in engine swap, easy as can be. The only thing you will
need to do is cut the upper radiator hose or buy a new upper hose for it.
Either way, its one of the easiest engine swaps there is. Its almost like not
an actual swap, but more like an engine change.
HTH!

Shawn