Parts is parts...

RE: Re: Non Scirocco - found VW Pickup for sale

> >Parts Place in Michigan has Diesel parts, new, used and rebuilt. Looks li
> >good prices. (810) 373-2300. Scirocco parts, too. Enjoy.
> My experience with "Parts Place" makes me hafta tell you to find ANY anoth
> parts source. Especially if you are buying parts via mail order.
> Get yourself a copy of European Car magazine and search through their ads
> parts. There are a ton of GOOD HONEST parts sources like Velocity, ND,
> Autotech, Strictly Foreign,  ect. If you dont have access to one, I would
> be willing to search through one of mine and pick out a few provenly GOOD,
> HONEST and RELIABLE parts sources for you. Anyway...

     If you're looking for quality used parts from a place that know thier
shit, Mark from Adirondack Auto Brokers is the MAN!  I'm local to him, which
makes life a lot nicer without having to worry about shipping.  I can also
send my wife up to pick up the parts without having to worry about him
selling me the wrong parts, unless of course I told him something wrong.

     I'll post an example, here is the list of parts I just bought to install
in my '87 Jetta:

     BOSCH 1 Wire O2 sensor             -    $25.00
     Used Jetta GLI rear axle           -    $50.00
     New Brasilian rear wheel cylinder  -    $ 8.50
     New FAG front wheel bearing        -    $23.00
     Washer bottle cap, used            -    $ 0.50
     Used rear brake prop. valve        -    $25.00
     Used set of springs from GLI, 4    -    $75.00

                               Total    -   $207.00 +NYS Tax

     THOSE are some decent prices.  The Foriegn Autopart two blocks away
sells those same wheel bearings for around $40.  The dealer wants around $60
for the same bearing.  Same with the O2 sensor, price just goes up from here.

     His phone number is 518-882-6534, FAX: 518-882-1914, and his e-Mail
address is mark@germanautoparts.com, his web page is
"http://www.germanautoparts.com"

     Nice guy, great prices, great service.  I reccomend him highly.

     Sean
     wildfire@albany.net
     SYSOP: BOB'S WORLD BBS