Re: changing shift levers

kdbinney@juno.com wrote:

> Just wanted to let you know a friend cut down his 86 16v shifter.  He
> took off about 2-3in and did not swap the lever.  How low are you going?

	I was hoping to chop about 2-3in off as well.  The thing is, the
shifter widens as it nears the base.  Whereas the Jetta and Fox shifters
are a constantly width.  Would you be able to find out what procedures
your friend followed when he chopped it down?  I'm still not sure how i
am going to tackle this problem.  I do know, though, that I am going to
have to get my hands on a hoist...

jason
87 16V (i'm running out of things to put here)