RE: Scirocco 16v

...I plan to have mine replaced as soon as I can afford
it...

Yes,  and the key here is: "have it replaced", if you don't have to do it
yourself  -don't!  I did mine when I bought it, and man, was that the suckiest
of suck jobs, also - I recommend not getting a cheap mount put in - get the
best, most lastingest mount you can cause the cost is in the labor - not the
part, anyway, yes it's probobly the pass side mount.  sz