Fuel Mixture Question - CIS FI

I have a K&N Fuel/Air monitor on my 81 Scirocco and I am noticing a VERY
DISTURBING TREND!

The mixture REALLY LEANS out after the engine has been running for 20 - 30
minutes!

At start-up mixture is great, drive around town for 20 minutes (no
hot-rodding) mixture is still great. Run the hell out of the Rocco (6 ax
runs and 70mph for 30 miles home) and the mixture REALLY leaned out (OFF
THE GUAGE). Engine runs fine and temps were not too unusual, just don't
need a burnt valve!

Any hints?
Harry