Re: Fuel Mixture Question - CIS FI

At 12:48 PM 5/5/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I have a K&N Fuel/Air monitor on my 81 Scirocco and I am noticing a VERY
>DISTURBING TREND!
>
>The mixture REALLY LEANS out after the engine has been running for 20 - 30
>minutes!
>
>At start-up mixture is great, drive around town for 20 minutes (no
>hot-rodding) mixture is still great. Run the hell out of the Rocco (6 ax
>runs and 70mph for 30 miles home) and the mixture REALLY leaned out (OFF
>THE GUAGE). Engine runs fine and temps were not too unusual, just don't
>need a burnt valve!
>
>Any hints?
>Harry

Bad or failing ox sensor. (id suspect this the most)
maybe (doubtfull) the plate in the airbox isnt alligned properly.

The ox sensor is solely responsible for setting the fuel mixture. When the
car is cold, you have got the 5th injector helping with the fuel. (Rich)
After the car is warmed, its down to 4 injectors but the ox sensor is
thinking its running right and it leans out the mix. (good theory, no?)

Sooner or later, you can burn a piston. Id find out what the deal is pretty
soon! it only takes a short little while under hard driving to melt a piston!
(How about maybe your guage is reading wrong or??)

Shawn