Re: Miscellaneous spewings

> Regarding comraderie among Scirocco owners: I can't recall anyone
> waving/smiling/hi-fiving me.  Or trying to race me for that matter.  Just
> one guy in a Mustang telling me, "I hate Scirocco's, get a FORD!!!"  Little
> did he know that I just got rid of my cruddy Mustang II for the Scirocco.
> Anyway, maybe my car looks too crummy to wave to, or *gasp* could it be
> me?!  Plus, I live in L.A. where the wrong wave or look could get more than
> your airbox swiss-cheezed.  Also, I see anywhere from two to 6 or more
> Scirocco's everyday so maybe a sighting is no big deal.  Are Scirocco's
> this common in everyone else's neck o' the woods?

scirocco's aren't very common here in Ann Arbor or Lansing Michigan.  I
see maybe one or two other's per month...my scirocco is a bit rusty on the
edges (michigan winter's), but i still like it the same (had it for 3
months now since my rx-7 died).

-Dale

> And while I'm making myself unpopular, may I suggest Sport Compact Car as a
> worthy read?  Sure, most of the focus is on Japanese cars but VW's and
> other European marques get their due as well.  Plus they have an RC modeler
> column as well.  Drag racing gets a lot of coverage but so does
> autocrossing.  As expected, there are a lot of ads for wings big enough to
> get a tank airborne as well as for enough "coffee cans" to store a year's
> supply of Columbia's finest, but one might be surprised to see the number
> of ads for performance enhancing products.  And the project and featured
> cars have the same stuff done to them as do the cars in EC; the project
> doesn't end with the application of stickers and a thumpin' sound system.
> In short there is a lot that appeals to the backward-cap-wearing crowd
> (none of you folks I trust) but there is a lot of serious performance info
> as well.  A sorta disturbing trend I've noticed is that I'm seeing less and
> less relevant VW stuff in EC and seeing more in SCC.  Oh well.
>
> benton----

Check out my homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~flounder/
             **
           ******