Re: Scirocco religion

Later in the day, I parked next to a nice stock '78.  The owner
> and I exchanged pleasantries, and compared cars.  No rivalry, no talk of
> numbers...just low whistles of admiration and trade secret exchanges of
> information (like the locations of parts cars at local wreckers).
>
> I honestly haven't seen such a comradery since I started driving motorcycles.

	I noticed that same thing the day I bought my car last year.  It is a
Scirocco thing.

> Can I wear the buffalo skin hat with pride?  (of course, there isn't headroom
> for a beret in our cars, but that's another story.  =)

	I was lucky enuff to have my car equipped with Corrado front seats.
The berets (or even water buffalo hats are NOT a problem.  The fact that
I roll around town in my perpetual "mack daddy" pose (i.e., laid back so
far that I am barely able to see over the sides of the car) has led my
chiropractor to suggest a different driving stance.  But what the hell?
I just wouldn't look so darned cool! :P

jason
87 16V (the mackinest ride in all the metropolitan)