Scirocco religion

In line with this discussion about Hondas...

...me and Rocky (the name Scirocco became 'rocco, which became Rocky) were
bootin' through town today, and another 'rocco of the same vintage went past
me the other way.  The guy waved to me through the sunroof and slowed a bit
to glance at my car.  Naturally, I did the same.

I haven't felt all warm and fuzzy like this since I started driving
motorcycles.  Later in the day, I parked next to a nice stock '78.  The owner
and I exchanged pleasantries, and compared cars.  No rivalry, no talk of
numbers...just low whistles of admiration and trade secret exchanges of
information (like the locations of parts cars at local wreckers).

I honestly haven't seen such a comradery since I started driving motorcycles.
 Now I feel like Scirocco owners will come from miles away if I ever break
down on the side of the road.  Do I get to learn the secret handshake now?
Can I wear the buffalo skin hat with pride?  (of course, there isn't headroom
for a beret in our cars, but that's another story.  =)

Anyways, I used to work at a Ford dealership, and have driven cars from just
about every major industrialised country in the world.  It's refreshing to
see that it doesn't take a Ferrari or a Harley to get this sort of comradery
and 'brotherhood'.  I'm sure there are bad eggs in every basket, but it's
been a hoot so far.

-- Mike