Let's make an RC Scirocco

I really didn't think my original post would have piqued so much

curiosity...I thought I was just being a little obsessive; I guess this

is the "wrong" place to be that way about Sciroccos *duh* ;)

If I can get a count of how many people want a Mk1 Scirocco, and how

many people want a Mk2 Scirocco, I'll delve deeper into research.

Just to make everything clear...the goal is to make a master model that

can be used to vacu-form a clear lexan RC body (which can then be

painted EXACTLY like the 'roc you own! *cool*, no?).  The detail

required for RC bodies is far less than plastic scale models, so the

custom mold should cost less as well.  The basic shape, door, and window

lines will be easily identifiable as Scirocco.

I actually have a phone number of a sculptor who does custom stuff, but

have not had a rational reason to call him (read: no money).

For those who have never seen an RC car in action:  My RC10L electric

powered car was able to go 25-30 mph.  I used to chase REAL cars down

the street and drive mine under them... These things are a blast to

drive and even more fun (and safer) to race!  I would be happy to help

anyone with theirs if they aren't familiar with the hobby...

If you are REALLY interested and willing to plop down a little cash

(maybe $50 to $100, if we're lucky),  we can make it happen.  Oh yeah,

since most of the cost is in the master, we each could get two or three

bodies, just for spares...Makes a great Christmas gift! ha!

Be sure to cc: me so I can keep track of everyone...

chrisg@gforce.com

C ya,

Chris Gonzalez

'82 Scirocco/1.8L/GTi trans.