Re: Re: Slow VWs (long, very long)

I.Mannix,mannix@privatei.com,Internet writes:
The point is pent up frustration with VW owners who claim to have smoked a
Camaro/5.0/Corvette *in a straight line* with their VW.

Make sure we're comparing apples to apples here.  Speaking strictly for
myself, I've got about $4,000 Canadian invested in my Scirocco (bump that up
to a little over 5 when I get the paint job).  I'd bloody well hope that a
new $30,000 Camaro could beat me in a race.  In fact, I'd expect him to beat
me in the twists too.  Give me half of that money, though - say, just $10,000
to tweak my car, and I guarantee he'll see taillights from the word 'go'.
But, that's irrelevant.  Ten thousand dollars of mods on any car should turn
it into a monster.  Heck, I think I could send a Mercedes to AMG for that
much...

God, if I'da known _this_ was going to come from my comment, I'da just
shuddup in the first place...

-- Mike