Re: Slow VWs (long, very long)

Well regarding the comparsions of Scirocco's to Camaro's:

I own a 83' Scirocco (mild working over),  I am awaiting for the delivery of
a 97' Camaro SS and I own a 67'(mild working over).

The camaro's will BLOW the doors of the Scirocco in any type of drag race
(the only problem is that the camaro's are traction limited, if you stomp on
it, all you're accomplishing is mosquito control...but this can be fixed
cheaply).
I can get low 11's in the 1/4 in the 67'.

On the twisties a good driver CAN make a newer Camaro out run a Scirocco.
But it takes a good driver not just some testosterone junkie. The older
Camaro's just don't do that great of a job..but with a fair amount of work
you can make them work.

I hope to be auto-x'ing both so I'll let you know how it goes. I suspect on
a more power course the SS will do better and on a tight course the Scirocco
may do better.

sorry to be adding fodder to the fire...but I do own and drive both so I
figured I'd have to chime in :-)

-johnny-