Re: Rear discs, and e brakes

In a message dated 97-03-31 20:15:28 EST, domlipps@mail2.nai.net (Domenic
Lippolis) writes:

<<         OK people,
         I have a bleeder that is broken.  I have the replacement but haven't
 tryed drilling the broken one out.
         Has anyone done it?? Thoughts, comments..
         Should I just buy another caliper...

         Since then a friend who is a mechanic (for real) told me to always
 tighten the screw and then loosen..  It works I have had no problems since
 this bit of advice.

thats new, thanks for the advice.  I get them hot with a torch. after soaking
with penetrating oil.  antiseize afterwords, help out the next guy.

as for fixing the broken one, its not just buying a new bleeder
you need to buy a kit, i get them at napa.  it has a new bleeder ina caseing.
 you drill out the caliper to the casing size.  tap it.  then you thread in
the caseing ( I use some sealant ) now the bleeder threads in perfectly.  Its
a pain but it is alot better than a new caliper.  the rear calipers are big
big bucks.  I rebuild them all the time.  Front calipers for 9.4"s are cheap,
it might be worth getting a new used one.  I know a guy who will give them to
me for $5 a piece.  the kit is cheap ($5) and even though it doesnt look like
it will fit they do.  hope this helps.

Kyle