Throttle to Airbox

Greetings All,

I've been reading some of your postings about constructing a pipe from
the throttle body to the airbox.  If anyone's interested in purchasing
one, there's a place called Performance Engineering that has them.
The ad is located on page 161 of May's issue of European Car.

I realize some of you just like working with your hands :) but for those
of you who'd rather skip the aggravation of road trips to Home Depot but
still want the upgrade, check out the ad.  No issue?  No prob.  It
reads:

POWER PIPE

Now availabe for all A2 Golf and Jetta 8V

Available for all VW Rabbit, Jetta, Scirocco, GTI, '76 - '84 Cabriolets,
'80 - '89 and A2 Golf and Jetta 8V

*  Replaces VW's "S" pipe and throttle body boot
*  Reduces intake air frictional loss
*  Lightweight, durable, ABS plastic pipe

*  High Gloss Enamel - $44.95
                       A2 - $54.95
		Black, Red, Yellow, White, Chrome

*  Carbontec - $54.95
               A2 - 64.95

*Add $6.95 S&H.  Check local laws regarding use

Send Check or Money Order to:

PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
P.O. Box 836, Killingworth, CT 06419
(203) 526-4717

I've tried calling the number to inquire about the product but I've only
gotten an answering machine.  Probably a start-up mail-order business.
In any case, hope this helps.  Peace!

Steph