More fuse woes

A new fuel pump solved the fuse #5 problem - now, it's time to attack my
multi-function indicator.

The mileage part of the indicator tells me I'm getting anywhere from
(approximately) 18 to 30 L/100km, depending on how hard I drive.  I can't
seem to figure out what sensor this mileage guage uses, or how to calibrate
it.  Can anyone make any suggestions?  (if this car is, in fact, going to use
18L per 100km, I think it's time to buy my Lambourghini.  =)

-- Mike Helms