Re: Bought ANOTHER Scirocco!

At 05:20 AM 3/29/97 +800, you wrote:
>On 28 Mar 97 at 23:36, Donovan Porter wrote:
>> fixed last year, no sunroof, new carpeting, and 205/60-13's on stock alloys,
>
>Do you know the width of your stock alloys?  I was wondering how wide
>I can go on my 13 x 5.5" stock wheels.  The tire guy told me last
>weekend that I couldn't go that wide on 5.5".

Well, with the 205/60-13, they really pooch out from the sides.  I've seen
worse, but I wouldn't want to hit a curb sideways with these (pop the bead).
It also seems to make the car grab and turn when it hits ruts in the road.
I would probably not recommend going as big as 205 on the stock 13" rims...
185 would be better.

>> Thanks for reading through all my rambling, and I know my posts tend to be
>> on the lengthy side, but I appreciate all the help you guys/gals have
>> provided so far!
>
>Your new Rocco sounds great.  Are you planning on trying to buy up
>all the Roccos in the world?  (j/k)  I didn't answer any of your
>questions cuz I feel there are others more qualified on the list.

Hahahahah...  Well, if I had enough money.......
Thank for your input.

 *  Donovan Porter - dporter@hevanet.com - 81 VW Scirocco, performance
springs, *
* exhaust, 1.8l 8v engine, sport buckets, FOR SALE! $1500 - 81 Rabbit Pickup
FOR *
 * SALE! $1200 - 96 Toyota RAV4, 4wd, power everyting - 81 VW Scirocco S,
stock *