Scirocco body parts needed

Yesterday my girlfriend of almost two years wrecked my '87 16V Scirocco (for the second time).  The first time the bumper popped off, got scuffed, and popped back on.  This time the casualties include the grille, the right headlight/turn signal, the hood and both fenders.  Miraculously, the frame doesn't look too bad.  I'm taking it to a frame shop to make sure.

Question 1: does anybody have any parts or recommendations?

Question 2: do the Euro headlights provide that much of an improvement aside from their appearance?  Having lost many a headlight to some bastard in a gravel-filled truck, the idea that the US spec headlights are cheaply replaceable appeals to me.  What's the scene with the Euro headlights?  $300 every time a rock hits it?

She drove a Mazda 626 with a crumpled front end when I met her... some learn the hard way... and ironically, she complained long and hard about being "forced" to drive the Scirocco when her own car gave up the ghost (can you say, "cross threaded sparkplugs welded into the cylinder head after three years of not being changed?") but after a year or so of driving it, she's fanatical about the prowess of the VW and is pretty bunged to have cracked it up.  Another convert...

-Ken Greenlaw
'79 Alfa Spider / '88 Alfa Milano Verde / '81 Scirocco 16V / '87 Scirocco 16V
"look, the 626 gives us all three axis powers in the driveway..."