Strut tool solved

Everyone was right.  I actually dragged my lazy butt out to my
driveway and pullesd off the rubber cap that covers the top of the
strut.  And low and behold the slotted nut was nowhere to be seen.

However why would my Bently, which only covers 1980 VW models only
mention the slotted nut.  There was no such thing as a A2 in 1980.
Thats wierd.

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v