Re: Strut tool solved

At 5:44 AM -0700 03/21/1997, Jay Docherty wrote:
>Everyone was right.  I actually dragged my lazy butt out to my
>driveway and pullesd off the rubber cap that covers the top of the
>strut.  And low and behold the slotted nut was nowhere to be seen.

It is/would be under the 22mm big nut on top, the one you saw.  It is
simply a spacer, grind out the threads, stick it back in when you are done.
I seem to remember something about the older cars having the goofy threaded
pain in the ass spacer, but hey, I know nothing.

Mannix

(assuming all you did is take off the cap, not the nut)