Re: Vibration

At 19:22 3/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> >Around 5600 RPM, my engine has a strong vibration that comes on quickly
>> >and is felt strongly in the gas pedal. It seems to get a bit less as
>you
>> >pass through 5700 RPM, but I am afraid to push my luck.
>

>My '87 Scirocco has done almost the same thing.  At about 70MPH it starts to
>shake and vibrate.  If any of you Scirocco owners know what the problem I
>would greatly appreciate the advice
>
>-'87 16V (Tim)

I did a bit more looking yesterday. When I goose the throttle from under the
hood, I
get the same vibration, very strong, from the engine directly. Next step
will be to
remove the belts and try it without the accessories. I am hoping it is the A/C
compressor...

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco